[See Scarlet Sew] Azusa Miura (morpho hydragea)


Morpho Hydrangea – iDolm@ster

I’m a part of a Morpho group for Katsucon. I was able to find some cotton sateen in the LA Fabric District. Unfortunately, a lot of the fabric dealers out there don’t know much English and confuse sateen for satin. Very rarely you’ll have someone who knows the difference between the two. I used a McCalls pattern for the top. I modified the top to have the two separate pieces. Luckily, the pattern also came with a single pattern piece for the top. The straps were just the perfect shape for Morpho.


I did attempt Pink Floral – it’s the same set up, but this takes it to a new level. Morpho will require gradient dye and fabric glitter. I do plan to go series accurate on the boots instead of going for a generic black pair. I’m looking forward continuing on with this project and I can’t wait to do it for Katuscon!


Leave a Comment